Introduction

Welcome to the Archive. Here you'll find all of my ride reports from the first eight years of cycling in Wales. The layouts used here are in the previous design which I'm currently updating, so be sure check back!

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

ARCHIVE 
Newport Wetlands Explore


The main purpose for this ride was to do a little research for a future ride. What I discovered was a fabulous surprise.
I was asked by Sustrans to lead a ride which would start and end at Tredegar House. I wasn't familiar with the route, so this was my little expedition down to visit the Newport Wetlands and get a feel for what lay in store.
The Newport Wetlands National Nature Reserve consists of nearly 600 acres of wetland along the South Wales coast between the Severn Estuary and the River Usk.
Additionally, I needed to ride and inspect the cycle trail which circles the wetlands to see if it was suitable for cyclists with limited experience and children.
I was more than surprised to find that not only is the path suitable... it's fantastic!
I'm sure both adults and kids will find the Wetlands a big surprise. It's wonderful to have this bit of wild nature so close to the city.
There is much to see and if the weather is nice... well, it will be a great location for taking a group for a little cycling adventure!

UPDATE: Check out my report from the big event:Explorer Day 2015

Cheers! - cm


Ads Inside Post