Introduction

Welcome to the Archive. Here you'll find all of my ride reports from the first eight years of cycling in Wales. The layouts used here are in the previous design which I'm currently updating, so be sure check back!

Friday, January 24, 2014

ARCHIVE
Rhymney Meadows

Four years ago I first discovered this lovely little spot nestled above Bedwelty, sitting between Rhymney and Tredegar.
It's a fairly easy ride with only a couple of moderate climbs up to Bedwelty Common. From there I drop down as if heading into Tredegar, but then circle back along a connector road to Rhymney.
The overall loop is pretty short and not that far from home, yet it gets me out of town. The main ridge offers some lovely views high above the Rhymney and Sirhowy Valleys.
I only stop for a few photos because it's pretty darn cold. The wind is picking up and the sun will be dropping dwon behind the hills before too long.
The ride back down the valley is fast and easy. I'm chilled to the bone, but I'm home within an hour. I cannot help but dream of Spring and Summer.

Cheers! ~ cm

Ads Inside Post