Introduction

Welcome to the Archive. Here you'll find all of my ride reports from the first eight years of cycling in Wales. The layouts used here are in the previous design which I'm currently updating, so be sure check back!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ARCHIVE
Land of Discovery... Llandovery

I was invited to join the Kingfishers this year on a fabulous three-day cycle tour through the Brecon Beacons and Mid-Wales.
So on Tuesday, August 21st, John, Brian, Graham, and I loaded our panniers, looked up the road and headed out toward the small town north-west of Brecon along the River Tywi in the county of Carmarthenshire.
Brian, John, & Graham ready to go!
Our plan was to cycle there on the first day, spend the second day cycling around the area, and then cycle back home on the third day.
Coming into Brecon...
How ya like them cookie bars boys?
John being John...
Brian looking every bit like an elf...
The beautiful old iron bridge at Cilycwm...
Brian contemplates Graham's pontification...
Coming into Llandovery...
Finally at the hotel...
What can ya say?
After a cuppa the boys are ready to ride again!...
Ready, set, GO!... 
This was my view mostly...
... unless I race like a madman for this kinda shot...
or wait for them to stop...
but then they are off again...
waiting for you know who...

Llandovery is rich in Welsh history to put it mildly. I am so very fortunate that the boys are keen to teach me as they lead me through the countryside. I did a bit of additional research and you should do the same. Read more about Llandovery and Llywelyn ap Gruffydd. (Remember the headline?... It's simply mind-boggling to this ole' hayseed from North Carolina.)

The landscapes speak for themselves...

And so on the last evening we said our goodbyes to Llywelyn ap Gruffudd...
True Knights of Wales.

Ads Inside Post